Friday, August 11, 2017

Last day of our trip


I loved this whole trip. I took plenty of photos and they all turned out great. I loved every single day because we were always doing something, and it was always something new. I really enjoyed the two days at Niagara Falls, but I also enjoyed the day in Cleveland and then Cedar Point. I'm not a fan of rollercoasters at all, so I didn't ride any, but I rode a few rides like the Power Tower and the tall Swings. Later, I went on two of the water rides with Michelle & Josie and we all got soaked. I think the water rides were my favorite part because I had a lot of fun and it was better than going on the other rides that, even though I liked, I got really motion sick on. - Ryan (11th grade)
____________

My favorite parts of the trip were the mall, the bowling alley, swimming, and the cruise. At the cruise, it was really fun because near the end we went downstairs to the 2nd floor and had a dance party. There were people we didn't even know jumping in. I also really liked swimming, because I'm on the swim team and it kinda helped me get ready to join practice because i missed the start of it during the trip. I'm glad I was able to be a part of this trip because usually I have to miss it due to band camp. - Tayler (12th grade)
____________

I enjoyed going onto the Nautica Queen cruise ship yesterday. The music they played on the ship was great. We got to dance and sing along; it was really cool. The view of the water and city was breath taking. 

The trip was, overall, amazing. I'm so glad to be a part of upward bound and lucky to have a bright future because of it. So, I want to thank all of the staff  - such as Ms. M and Ms. J. I would also like to thank the funders of upward bound --- it's much appreciated. I also wanted to thank Brian, our bus driver, he was a cool dude and I would gladly have him as our bus drive for all of our trips! A final thank you for the r.a.'s who helped - and to those who don't know much about us, but still show our group support, you are also appreciated. - Destin (10th grade)
____________


On the last day of our stay in Buffalo, New York, we did fun things like go to the zoo, 

visit the military park, go eat at the original Buffalo Wings, and watched the pretty/funny musical at a theater 🎭. The Musical was my favorite. It taught me that everyone is beautiful in their own way, and you should not change yourself for anyone no matter what. 

The Federal bank was nice, they have a fake money tree inside. I didn’t really learn much though. The campus tour didn’t interest me either. The Museum was pretty cool. There was a little area where you stood on a circle and could feel an earthquake. The best thing the was the planetarium. It showed our Milky Way and different stars in It. The Nautica Queen dinner cruise made me feel sick the first half, but after I ate, I felt better. We danced the Cha Cha slide, Cupid shuffle, and the wobble. I enjoyed myself. We did more dancing down on the dance floor inside. Now we are on our way to to Cedar point, which I hope will help me finish my study guide. And I hope to enjoy myself as well. - Damara (11th grade)

____________

Wednesday and Thursday were great days! On Wednesday, we went to a Navy Park. It was a really cool experience since we got to get on battle ships and submarines. We got to go inside them. It was great! Then we ate lunch at the original Buffalo Wings!! I tried the Suicide wings and seeing others try them was hilarious. Then we headed to a musical and it had a great message to it. We got to interact with the actors and got a picture with them too. 

Thursday we left Buffalo and headed to Cleveland, Ohio. When we got there, we went to the federal bank and went into the museum. Later, we went to eat lunch at Case Western University. We then toured the campus and it is a very nice university. I am considering doing my med school there, as Cleveland Clinic is the 2nd best hospital in the country. Then we went to a historical museum and the planetarium. It was amazing. After that we headed to the Náutica Cruise for dinner. It was a great night filled with laughter, dance, bonding, singing, photoshoots, a BEAUTIFUL view of the city, etc. It was beautiful. We were on the lake ,when the Cleveland Browns kicked off the pre season against the New Orleans, Saints. We finally checked in to the hotel. My friends and I went to the gym and then headed to sleep after a long exhausting day of walking. Today, we are headed to Cedar Point and we are all very excited to have a blast. It was a great Senior Trip. - Erika (12th grade)

_____________

No comments:

Post a Comment